EU law holds a significant part in the activities of the Professional Law Partnership “Baltic Legal Solutions Lithuania”. EU law is a very extensive and sophisticated legal system, based on proportionality, subsidiarity, primacy, direct applicability and other principles. EU law is under constant development: in the beginning it was orientated to smooth functioning of the internal market, later in expanded into the areas of foreign and security policy, border protection, refugee and visa regime, police, court activities, etc. In the latter areas decisions are usually made not by EU but by intergovernmental methods.
In order to apply the EU law successfully, one must not only know very well common principles of the EU law, but also acquis communautaire. Our lawyers provide the following services related to the EU law:
• consult on issues related to free movement of goods, services, persons and capital within the EU;
• consult on public procurement, competition, state aid, environmental protection, energy, customs policy and regulation, tax system, transport and other areas;
• provide valuable legal assistance in case of disputes regarding national legislative act and EU law compliance — our lawyers have been involved in the transposition of the EU law into national legislation;
• protect client interests in case of contradictions between the national law and EU law;
• represent clients in disputes regarding application of EU law in national and EU institutions;
• provide assistance in using various EU business financing programs as well as consult insititutions administering EU structural funds.
In order to meet the continuously increasing needs, our law firm has formed a team of the EU law specialists with extensive experience in applying EU law both in the public and private sectors.
Contact person in Lithuania